Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The dreaded first post...

I've been thinking about blogging for the past two months. I've also been putting it off for the past two months. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and have always wanted to start my own, but felt I had nothing to blog about. I finally feel like I have sufficient blog fodder and enough of it to hopefully post pretty regularly. Keep your arms and legs inside the car, kids, because here's some back story to get you started....

A year ago, the husband and I packed up our three kids (and a lizard) and relocated from beautiful central Pennsylvania to Long Island, NY.  I make it sound easy, but it was actually quite a process and seemed to take forever, at the time. We bought a 200+ year old house on 3/4 of an acre and tried to settle in and start our new life as New Yorkers. I soon found out the reason that New Yorkers are so cranky -- it's dang expensive here! Jon and I soon decided that, in order to offset feeding 6 people, maybe we should make and attempt to "live off our land." To give you a preview, this involves feeble attempts at gardening, chickens, rabbits, another batch of chickens, another batch of chickens (whew!), and oh so much more.

So, in a nutshell, there you have it. This is the official chronicle of our attempt at suburban homesteading. I hope you enjoy our misadventures.

And come back often - I have lots of blogging to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment